Pullman Northern Pacific Depot
The Whitman County Historical Society recently voted to proceed with the acquisition of the Pullman train station.
The former Northern Pacific depot was recently owned by the late Dan Antoni, and then his daughter Meghan Antoni, who inherited it. Meghan Antoni was seeking a way to preserve the property, according to the WCHS.
The acquisition was made possible through an anonymous local backer.
The WCHS will now form a steering committee to raise funds to repay the loan and finance future development, plan for the future use of the facility and its administration and move forward with needed renovations and improvements.
- MPDN, Feb 23rd 2018 
Address: 330 N Grand Ave Pullman, WA
The Northern Pacific Railroad arrived in Pullman in 1887. The first wood depot stood on Grand Avenue just North of Whitman Street. In 1901 the Northern Pacific purchased land between Grand and Kamiaken and built a 32 by 160 foot frame depot. This was replaced in 1916 by the present brick building which opened in March 1917. The depot was remodeled one time before the passenger service was discontinued in the 1960's. In 1970 the Northern Pacific sold the building to Burlington Northern Railroad which in turn leased the building to the Department of Agriculture. In June 1988, Dan Antoni purchased the building and later acquired the land. In 2018, the Whitman County Historical Society purchased the property with the vision of preserving the past by bringing it back to life. Their goal is to get it on the historical register, save the original elements and have visitors learn the history of the importance of the railroad to the County and to Pullman.