Jones Schoolhouse

Built in 1895, the Jones School (No. 146) was originally located near Dusty, Washington, where it served area students in grades 1 through 8 until 1942. Following its consolidation into the Colfax and LaCrosse districts, it served as the home of the Dusty BB (Busy Bee) Club from 1945 to 1998. In 2010, the building was moved to its present site by the combined efforts of the Palouse Empire Fair Board and staff, the Whitman County commissioners, members of the Palouse Empire Fair Foundation, and the Whitman County Historical Society.